"Like" the POVtestdrive.com Facebook fan site by clicking below!
Why just read about it when you can actually drive it? That's the thinking behind POVtestdrive.com. For example, the following POV clip features a 600 whp Subaru Impreza WRX performing a 0-60 launch using "PPG" gears. This setup is notorious for big power and is one of the fastest launching vehicles in the world. A rare vehicle that would typically set a driver back a cool $50,000 to experience, now you get to experience it for free thanks to POV test drive technology by POVtestdrive.com!
POV sample: "600 whp WRX PPG gear launch"
Pretty cool, huh? That's what I think too. Allowing you the viewer to actually experience what the vehicle is like to operate from the driver's perspective is very fun!
What is POV?
POV stands for "point of view". Point of view is in reference to the perspective of which the audience sees or understands. POV test drive videos are shot in the first person point of view from the perspective of the driver, providing the audience with the ultimate in reality video. Driving some of today's hottest vehicles, POV test drive footage submerses viewers into various worlds, vehicles, and experiences. Covering everything from trucks to sports cars, below you will find an active list of all official "POVtestdrive.com" footage!
POVtestdrive.com's Video Database (updated 4/8/13)
- Sexy girl rides in built 2013 GT500
- 2013 Ford Police Interceptor (sedan)
- 2013 Ford Police Interceptor (SUV)
- 2012 Ford Focus Electric EV (rally and jump)
- 2013 Ford Escape Ecoboost (autocross)
- 2011 Ford Escape
- 2012 Ford Focus
- 2006 Ford F-150
- 2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (opening lap of '12 Sprint Cup Ecoboost 400)
- 2011 Ford Fusion Sport
- 2011 Ford Expedition
- 2012 Ford Mustang GT
- 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 2012 Ford Explorer Ecoboost
- 2012 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet
- 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost
- 1999 Ford F-350 Monster Truck
- 1989 Ford Ranger Monster Truck
- 2012 Ford Mustang RTR #062
- Santa Clause 1000 hp Saleen burnout on slicks
- Rocketman Bob's Shuttle
- Rocketman Bob's Rocket
- Rocketman Bob's F-16
- Everglades Original Coopertown Airboat Tour
- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 400 whp
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX 600 whp
- 2007 Subaru Impreza STi 500 whp
- GT45R Subaru Impreza WRX STi testing on bridge
- 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (stock)
- 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (rain)
- 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Slammed (busted by police!)
- 2012 Toyota Prius
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Highlander
- 2012 Toyota Tundra XSP-X
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 0-60 test (busted by police for speeding)
- 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser (review and articulation testing)
- 2012 Toyota Prius C
- 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder
- 2012 Toyota Venza 3.5 AWD
- 1000 horsepower Toyota Supra hits 200 mph
It gets even better!
POV test drive footage is best viewed by using a pair of virtual reality or "video" glasses. Don't have a pair of VR glasses? That's okay too because you can view the videos on YouTube just like any regular video. For those of you who are using Google TV or other television internet browsers, POV test drive footage works exceptionally well with surround sound home theaters and larger televisions. Computer screens, smartphones, virtual reality glasses, iPads, and more are all excellent sources of viewing POV test drive footage.
Created by original POV test drive pioneer and automotive journalist Michael Berenis, POV test drive footage is a new and unique method of capturing a vehicle's driving experience and transferring it through a medium to the audience with minimal reality loss. Stop reading about what it is like to drive a vehicle and actually see it for yourself!
Contact information (Always available for manufacturer press events!):
Automotive Journalist & POV Videographer
"Tampa Sports Car Examiner"
"National Automotive News Examiner"